"Oh Look What Pretty Stars..."

All Of The Brightest Stars Wander Around To Find Their Place. Some Of The Most Brilliant Stars Have Crossed My Path And I Write About Them So They Can Shine Brighter Than Ever!!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sitting In The Dark

I always find myself sitting alone in the dark. The only light that shines is the burning cherry of my cigarette. I can't look around and see my ashtray so I just flick them on the hardwood floor beneath me. I search and reach for my side table next to my bed. It has a glass filled to the brim with warm bourbon. My fingertips trace over the rim of the glass and I grasp it. I take a sip and and love the burn that races down my throat along with the warm liquid! Clouds of smoke waft around me though they can't be seen through the darkness. Sorrows embedded in the smokescreen. Head floats about in the sky. The girl might pretend she is listening, but the girl is incredibly high.

No comments:

Post a Comment